Statistical PERT® templates and example workbooks are Excel files that use standard, built-in Excel functions to forecast the future. There is nothing to buy, nothing to install, no macros, no advertising, no adware, and no registration required!
There are three, production-ready editions of Statistical PERT: Normal Edition, Beta Edition, and the Bootstrap Edition.
- The Normal Edition uses Excel’s two normal distribution functions, NORM.DIST and NORM.INV
- The Beta Edition uses Excel’s two beta distribution functions, BETA.DIST and BETA.INV
- The Bootstrap Edition uses statistical bootstrapping, an approach to forecasting using simulation
- All editions of Statistical PERT are very easy to use
The Normal Edition is easier for a user to customize, whereas the Beta Edition is better suited to modeling a wider range of bell-shaped uncertainties, including uncertainties that are moderately-to-heavily skewed. The Bootstrap Edition is appropriate for agile teams (Scrum or Kanban) that have at least 6 or 8 historical data points to use in the bootstrap simulation model.
All editions are freely licensed under the GNU General Public License, and all editions are ad-free and macro-free. Download Statistical PERT® example workbooks or templates now, and try using all editions of Statistical PERT!
Plus, there is another NEW edition of Statistical PERT that is in active development and will be production-ready soon: Lognormal Edition (early 2022).
- The Lognormal Edition uses Excel’s two lognormal distribution functions, LOGNORM.DIST and LOGNORM.INV
- This edition of Statistical PERT is also very easy to use, too!
- You can download a development-build version of this new edition under the “Bonus Downloads” section on this site’s downloads page.