Statistical PERT® templates and example workbooks are Excel files that use standard, built-in Excel functions to forecast the future. There is nothing to buy, nothing to install, no macros, no advertising, no adware, and no registration required!
There are two, production-ready editions of Statistical PERT: Normal Edition and Beta Edition.
- The Normal Edition uses Excel’s two normal distribution functions, NORM.DIST and NORM.INV
- The Beta Edition uses Excel’s two beta distribution functions, BETA.DIST and BETA.INV
- Both editions of Statistical PERT are very easy to use
The Normal Edition is easier for a user to customize, whereas the Beta Edition is better suited to modeling a wider range of bell-shaped uncertainties, including uncertainties that are moderately-to-heavily skewed. Both editions are freely licensed under the GNU General Public License, and both editions are ad-free and macro-free. Download Statistical PERT® example workbooks or templates now, and try using both editions of Statistical PERT!
Plus, there are two NEW editions of Statistical PERT family that are in active development and will be production-ready soon: Bootstrap Edition (late 2021) and Lognormal Edition (early 2022).
- The Bootstrap Edition uses statistical bootstrapping to create forecasts for agile teams using their historical records. The Bootstrap Edition has one worksheet for Scrum teams and another for Kanban teams.
- The Lognormal Edition uses Excel’s two lognormal distribution functions, LOGNORM.DIST and LOGNORM.INV
- Both of these new editions of Statistical PERT are also very easy to use, too!
- You can download development-build versions of these two editions under the “Bonus Downloads” section on this site’s downloads page.