Registration is required. There is no cost to attend.
The August topic is: “How to Overcome the “Flaw of Averages” Using Statistical PERT® Normal Edition”. Learn what the “Flaw of Averages” is, how it can affect your project or product development plans, and how to overcome this flaw using probabilistic estimates and a Statistical PERT® Normal Edition spreadsheet.
Questions we’ll tackle in the webinar:
- What is the “Flaw of Averages“?
- Why is the “Flaw of Averages” so devastating?
- How can traditional projects fail because of this flaw?
- How can agile projects fail because of this flaw?
- How can you overcome this flaw using Statistical PERT®?
Attendees to the the live webinar will receive a certificate and reporting instructions so they may report 1 PDU to PMI and/or 1 SEU to Scrum Alliance, in accordance with those respective organization’s continuing education requirements.
Future monthly webinars (tentative):
- September – Create an agile forecast when you expect varied future performance (due to holidays, vacations, or for other reasons)
- October – Create an agile forecast by bootstrapping (simulating) when your next release will be ready using the new Statistical PERT® Bootstrap Edition (under development)
- November – Create a right-sized schedule contingency without using Monte Carlo simulation using Soothsayer™ for Project Contingency
- December – Build plan-driven projects using LEAPfrog: the Lean-Emergent Approach to Planning for realistic, optimized guesswork
Be alerted when new topics are announced and when registration opens for the next monthly webinar. Join my free, monthly newsletter!
Got an idea for a great webinar topic related to probabilistic estimation? Contact me!