Registration is required. There is no cost to attend.
If you like this month’s topic but can’t make the date, register anyway. I’ll send you a link to the recorded webinar a few days after the live event.
The July topic is: “Introduction to Monte Carlo Simulation Using SimSee™”. This webinar will explore how Monte Carlo Simulation (MCS) works and how you can use MCS to estimate multiple uncertain outcomes using SimSee™, a freely licensed spreadsheet.
Download SimSee™ (a freely licensed spreadsheet) before or after the webinar.
Questions we’ll tackle in the webinar:
- What is Monte Carlo Simulation?
- What estimation problems can Monte Carlo Simulation solve?
- How does Monte Carlo Simulation work?
- How do you construct an MCS model in Excel?
Attendees to the the live webinar will receive a certificate and reporting instructions so they may report 1 PDU to PMI and/or 1 SEU to Scrum Alliance, in accordance with those respective organization’s continuing education requirements.
Future monthly webinars (tentative):
- August – Learn the “art” behind forecasting your agile team’s future product deliveries using Statistical PERT® Normal Edition
- September – Learn how to create a forecast for a very large agile project that uses a very large user story map
- October – Learn how to create a probabilistic schedule for a traditional (waterfall) project and how this approach shortened a major ERP upgrade project by at least two months without increasing the risk of schedule failure
- November – Learn how to use statistical bootstrapping to create an agile forecast. Appropriate for both Scrum and Kanban, bootstrapping takes what is known—the team’s work history of getting stuff done—to create a probabilistic forecast of what the team might get done in the future.
Be alerted when new topics are announced and when registration opens for the next monthly webinar. Join my free, monthly newsletter!
Got an idea for a great webinar topic related to probabilistic estimation? Contact me!